Saturday, November 15, 2008

RISK TAKING is Accepting New Responsibility Beyond Fears?

November 12, 2008 when I received the newest challege in my professional life. A month ago, I was always receiving congratulatory messages from my collegues in school and in the profession. I did not bother those messages, since I know it wont be appropriate to entertain something which I don't really know if a joke or real. Dr. Rodriguez, the school academic assistant called me up to see her in the office last November 12 in the morning. She asked me if I got the memo from the school President. She did not ellaborated her querry, but deep in me I knew what she means. Finally when I went down to the HR Office, the working student made me receive the memo from the College President designating me as the Officer in Charge of the Social Work Program.

Well, my first reaction was to think, if how I can handle the responsibility, being so responsible of many things prior to the appointment. How will it be possible for me to become fruitful College Dean as expected while having a consultancy work with the Habitat for Humanity holding a Regional wide project? How could I do my task in my new job and being on top with the GENSARSWAI Foundation with lots of projects in line? However, beyond these fears, I was able to see great opportunities and another avenue where I can share something beyond community works. I know that the Almighty God is with me and He will just stop me if seen overspeeding.

Risk Taking is an integral and intrinsic part of success or living a full life. Let me see how this will work with this new challenge i received. I am so greatly inspired with what the Bible says "In Christ, everything is possible". The apostle Paul further said, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthjened me". I kow, I have to thank God for this.

1 comment:

joyee said...

good day..

i'm joy bonilla and a food technology graduate. sir, i would just like to ask if you know any gensan based NGO or foundation that you could recommend. i would really love to volunteer and work for such agency..if you have time and if it isn't too much you can email me to yojeiram_18@yahoo.com..