Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Trip to Vatunao

It was a great day today as my team in Habitat for Humanity Timor Leste joined in with the Love Singapore team adopting the sub-village of Vatunao as their "Ministry Area". This group is headed by Dr. Shing, my friend from Singapore. We all went to the place looking into the proposed site for the village's clinic. We met the Head of the Aldea (sub village), Leonito dos Santos and the Pastor of a Born Again Church, Rev. Miguel Ballo da Costa. These people while they cannot talk in english had tried their to communicate with us, explaining the need of the community and their desire to be helped.

Engr. Boyet, a member of our team, took the measurement of the clinic and even suggested to make the clinic to have a wider space. Everyone agreed as they enjoy visioning on what will happen in the future. Someone expressed what she thought of people coming to the clinic instead of having a long journey going to the Hospital site in the District of Liquica. I enjoy the moment of discussion as I felt the sense of responsibility of the sub villagers. I recalled how we do it in the Philippines where most of the villagers are very responsive on activities such this. Well, I do have lot of things to say, but anyway I am just testing this new blog. Thanks to Arnold Seloterio, our Filipino Data Base Consultant for helping me to establish this site. I may tell the whole story, the next time. Shalom and God bless!

No comments: